About the Company
EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way.
We work with organizations around the world, in every industry, in the public and private sectors, and of every size, from startups to the Fortune Global 500. Our customers include global money center banks and other leading financial services firms, manufacturers, healthcare and life sciences organizations, Internet service and telecommunications providers, airlines and transportation companies, educational institutions, and public-sector agencies.
About Your Role
The Global Services Associate Program (GSAP) hires candidates locally and trains them centrally. As an Associate Consultant (AC), you will be developed through this structured program that combines intensive training and on-the-job mentored experience. This intensive role based-training Boot Camp includes an introduction to the storage industry, best practices and methodologies and the EMC way of doing business. The training also includes hands-on work with EMC products and platforms, operating systems and storage infrastructure tools. You will receive the foundation necessary to achieve technical certifications (EMC and Non-EMC). After Boot Camp, you will transition to your home office and begin working in your full time role directly impacting EMC’s Total Customer Experience.
The projects you work on may include analyzing requirements, implementation, customization, integration and documentation for the customer. You will work closely with Consultants/Sr. Consultants, Project Managers, other Consulting personnel and the customer to ensure a smooth implementation and transition from start-up to integration/production mode. Your key responsibility will be to assist senior staff with the successful execution of all consulting engagements including the evaluation of customers’ strategic business issues, requirement identification, and business case justifications. At the start you would be expected to be able to receive, organize, structure and extract
trends from data. Ultimately, you will be expected to work with more independence and meet the expectations of the job overview.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze requirements and assist in requirements implementation
- Analyze subset of overall project requirements by providing documentation and tracking
- Work in conjunction with EMC Consulting colleagues, ensures effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementation
- May train customer personnel on less complex EMC solutions
- Support and report to Senior Consultant and/or Project Manager for project related items
- Keep project managers informed of activities, alert on any issues promptly and seek assistance when required
- Prepare, maintain, and submit activity/progress reports and time recording/mgmt reports in accordance with published procedures
- Serve as primary initial author of deliverables; may own master deliverable documents with input from senior team members
- May participate as junior technical resource in pre-sales qualification and delivery of technical design, strategies and plans
- May assist in proposal creation
- Communicate visible sales leads or opportunities to engagement manager
- Provide feedback on methodology and best practice collateral to competency lead
- Understand and deliver projects as per practice approved delivery methodology
- Primarily deliver work as a remote member of an onsite team, potential to travel on site or to other EMC locations may be necessary
- May be required to work extended hours or weekends (or "professional days") during peak project times or as deliverable deadlines approach
- Gain proficiency in project development and delivery
- Ability to analyze and break problems down logically and independently to formulate several solutions options
- Ability to flag risk, issues and dependencies
- Create correct documentation
- Basic understanding of major industry & technical trends and impacts
- Gain proficiency in EMC Consulting methodology and approach
- Performs according to established safety standards. Reports unsafe situations and recommends improvements
You have a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business related discipline and up to 2 years of relevant work experience. You are proficient in the use of MS Office suite. You understand the importance of a strong sense of urgency. You are an organized multi-tasker and love working with others and solving problems.
You have a strive for technology related domains, such as Cloud Computing, new architectures to support next generation mobile applications and how IT technology transforms to be a business enabler. Buzzwords like devops, cloud, container, high availability, big data gain your interest to learn more and be part of this story.
You have strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills in your local language and English and an aptitude for understanding objectives and asking good questions during direction phase. You also work well in a team or independently and you have a strong technical aptitude. You are passionate about working with customers and assisting them. Innovation is intriguing to you and you do all things with high integrity. You like to have fun and approach your work with passion and enthusiasm. You understand the importance of doing things for the greater good and you are inclusive and approachable to those around you.