The Bid Manager Systems (BMS) main responsibility is to successfully manage the bid process for system bids to ensure bids are delivered on time and in accordance with the customer request and internal guidelines and approvals. (Siemens internal decision gates from PM020 to PM080) The portfolio is primarily related to subsea power systems for processing solutions, pipeline heating and open architecture infrastructure for subsea control systems.
The tasks of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all Bid activities from PM020-PM080 for appointed Bids, including client communication in alignment with the respective key acount manager (KAM).
- Responsible for ensuring that Bids are executed and delivered on time in according to approved bid budget established at PM020, and to timely escalate any topics that may result in delay or cost overrun in delivering the final bid.
- Bide preparation phase
- Set up a Bid Project organisation including securing resources for the Bid, conduct Bid Kick-off meeting and align Bid Plan with Bid team, prepare bid documentation, prepare approval documents (LoA), perform LoA Risk Assessments, compose bid, set change order strategy, execute and document bid approval decision.
- Contract negotiation phase
- Hand over bid to customer, present bid to customer, obtain and process customer feedback, determine negotiation strategy and roles, conduct contract negotiations, obtain contract approval, close contract negotiation phase, analyse and document win/loss.
- Project handover
- Update, complete and verify relevant data and documents. Handover to project manager of execution phase according to procedure, close sales phase.
- Technical Project Management
- For selected standard bids in alignment with team lead, the BMS responsiblity can also include technical management of the applicable bid, including techncial proposal, CTR's, Bil of Material, and internal techncial alignement.
Skills and experience
- At least 5 years relevant experience in oil & gas equipment and/or system sales, bid or engineering
- Proven track record in managing and developing project /strategic sales of products, systems and solutions
- Proven ability to structure and manage complex multi skill projects or processes
- Full understanding of the whole subsea value chain and/or experience from technical functions area.
- Fluent in English
- Personal characteristics we look for are; strategic vision – passion for results - action oriented – integrity, business ethics and trust.
- Experience in multicultural and international business will be considered an advantage.