Dresser-Rand, A Siemens Business is one of the largest global suppliers of custom-engineered rotating equipment solutions for long-life, critical applications in the oil, gas, chemical, petrochemical, process, power, military, and other industries worldwide. Kongsberg Norway is home to Dresser-Rand worldwide center of excellence for gas turbines and mechanical driven gas turbine packages. With a gas turbine power range from 1 to 55 MW Dresser-Rand AS supports the oil and gas industry on offshore and land based installations around the world.Summary & Main PurposeThe role IT Manager is to ensure the effective and efficient operation of IT Department in alignment with the business objectives for the organization.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct IT-related activities, as well as provide direction and support for daily operational activities
- Work closely with decision makers in other groups and across the regional and global IT organizations to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions
- Implement global policies, procedures, and standard methodologies
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- Lead IT Department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Lead deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems in conjunction with global IT management, including servers, PCs, operating systems, communications, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Benchmark, analyze report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Watch provision of end-user services, including technical support services.
- Work with partners to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Keep current with the newest technologies.
- Run financial aspects of IT Department, including IT spend, annual operating plan, and purchasing.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Develop requests for proposal, including business case and capital expenditure
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Produce reports and written correspondence as required for this role.
- Be clear on Dresser-Rand vision and values ensuring delivery through the team
- Clearly articulate Siemens IT vision, goals, and objectives to the team
- University degree in the field of computer science
- Master of Business Administration with technology as a core component preferred.
- ITIL and MCSE Certifications
Knowledge & Experience
- Deep understanding of project management principles.
- Good technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including common Windows operating systems (for desktops and servers).
- Good technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Extensive application support experience with ERP systems and operational business applications.
- Confirmed experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws in the European Union (EU).
- Solid grasp of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of building business cases, budgets, and so on.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Validated analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Local Manager is Niels-Petter Hansen +47 90411579 Job ID: 84452Organization: Power and GasExperience Level: Experienced ProfessionalJob Type: Full-time