This is an exciting period to join Statkraft. The power industry is being transformed through the rapid rise of the renewable generation. Statkraft is pursuing a growth strategy by expanding as an onshore wind and solar developer, optimising flexible hydropower and developing our market operations.
The Markets, Finance, Risk and Operations (MFRO) team is the unit that is responsible for developing and managing the system backbone for the Markets, Finance and Risk (MFR) department. In addition, MFRO owns and manages data end-to-end, as well as being a change and alignment vehicle for MFR, including process optimisation, continuous improvement and agile development. The MFRO team is divided into three locations: Oslo, Dusseldorf and Amsterdam. We are recruiting for a Senior Business Analyst to focus on automation initiatives within MFRO. The new resource will be in Düsseldorf or Oslo.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that MFRO automation initiatives are aligned with Statkraft’s strategy and has a strong focus on continuous improvement. This includes the following activities:
- Develop, update and maintain Automation Journey plan including milestones and delivery dates
- Monitor Automation Journey stage gates (e.g., bots/processes in production)
- Manage Automation Journey stakeholders
- Own the submission lifecycle for automation opportunities – including identification, submission, evaluation and prioritization
- Partner with IT to ensure automation program is in line with IT business goal
- Define automation policies and standards
- Ensure adherence to automation policies and standards
- Support development of technical documentation required for automation development
- Participate in the full life cycle of RPA development life cycle and design and execute manual and automated test procedures
- Provide a technical perspective with respect to automation potential
- Provide first level support for automation solutions
- Develop and execute tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test requirements for various automation technologies
- Perform root cause analysis and identify solutions to prevent reoccurrences of incidents
- Resolve business issues escalated during bot development, training and deployment
- Track bot specific performance metrics
- Apply appropriate controls to automation processes
The position reports to Head of the Markets, Finance, Risk and Operations team.
- Degree in economics, mathematics, computer science, engineering or similar with strong academic results
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience - operations experience in a utility business will be advantageous
- Working knowledge of automation technologies and applications (RPA or other automation technology)
- Deep understanding of automation processes
- Strong analytical capability with ability to develop business use cases
- End to end process optimization skills and capabilities
- Strong understanding of programming concepts
- Strong understanding of process and technical design (focused in automation)
- Coding skills (Python or similar) will be advantageous
- Project management experience will be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including slide production and written memoranda
- Self-driven, creative, motivated and positive team player
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterized by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Travelling will be required, approximately 25-40 days a year.
For us, the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form at www.statkraft.com.