Aibel is a leading service company within the upstream oil & gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our clients with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the entire life cycle.
Aibel's skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company's eight offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund (Norway) and Laem Chabang (Thailand) with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Perform material selection and corrosion evaluation for Topside projects and ensure timely delivery and execution
- Prepare Material Selection report, Surface Protection report and Insulation report
- Prepare other project specific material reports like Erosion report, CP design reports etc.
- Review fabrication procedures, inspection procedures, paint & coating procedures, welding and NDE procedures
- Follow up vendors of procurement packages
- Participate in supplier visits to ensure material quality and adherence to requirements
- Provide general support on material, NDT, welding insulation and coating/painting
- Communicate with clients and vendors on material, welding, NDT and coating related issues
- Evaluate material deviations from current regulations, procedures, requirements etc. and defining relevant recovery actions related to any deviations
- Subject responsibility for material related TQ's and NCR's
- Establish technical requisition and MTO for coating package
- Review material related as built documentation
- Guidance and evaluation of material and corrosion related failure mechanisms
- Perform offshore surveys
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Materials Engineering or similar discipline
- Qualifications in Painting, NDT and Welding preferred
- Preferably 5 to 10 years of experience from offshore related industry
- Knowledge in relevant standards such as NACE, ISO, API, ASTM, ASME and NORSOK standards
- Experience and understanding of multi-discipline tasks, encompassing a range of disciplines, e.g. process, safety, mechanical, piping, structural and instrument disciplines
- Experience in QA/QC of fabrications, including welding, Painting and NDT technique
- Experience with Piping Materials such as LCS, SS, DSS, SDSS and Titanium.
- Have technical knowledge to piping and equipment insulation. Be able to review sub-contractors Welding, NDE, Painting and insulations procedure specification (IPS) and ensure adherence to company requirements
What we are looking for:
- Have good communication skills in English and Norwegian (preferable), both orally and in writing
- Have a cooperative working attitude
- Be systematic and accurate
- Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
Contact Person: Section Manager Birgitte Torp
Phone: Logg inn for å se kontaktinformasjon
Work location: Stavanger
Due date: 24.11.2019
The applications will be consider continuously
Adresse: Vestre Svanholmen 14,4313 Sandnes