Jus og rettigheter Lønn og frynsegoder På jobben Rekruttering og HR Praksis / internships Karrierebarometeret
The Primary Metal business area has a total annual production capacity of more than 2 million tons of primary aluminium and has around 5 000 employees in 16 countries. We produce primary aluminium, recycle, and supply our customers with casthouse products.
The Technology and Operational Support (TOS) unit is part of Hydro’s Primary Metal business area and consists of around 190 employees within eight units across six locations in Norway and Germany. The main task of TOS is to support all commercial and operational units in accelerating Primary Metal’s profitability and sustainability agenda in the short and medium term - while having longer term technology development as a core activity.
Aluminium Metal Business System (AMBS) is our cultural platform for operation and continuous improvement work. Hydro’s smelters in Primary Metal (PM) distinguish themselves by having extensive experience and a strong track record from continuous improvement work. The AMBS concept is based on elements from LEAN Manufacturing and Six Sigma and is an essential enabler for efficient production, high quality products and robust safety performance.
To continue delivering high quality and valuable improvement support to our plants, we are now strengthening our AMBS team.
Do you have the desired skills and the right motivation to be a driving force for continuous improvement work in PM going forward?
As our new colleague you will be part of the AMBS, QA and Management of Change department in the Technology and Operational Support (TOS) business unit in PM.
Area of responsibility
As an AMBS Improvement Manager in PM you will work across the entire business area, supporting PM’s portfolio of fully owned smelters, recycling and re-melting operations, commercial activity, as well as our global joint ventures. You will be exposed to a wide range of tasks, people and cultures creating a dynamic and exciting workday for yourself.
As an AMBS Improvement Manager you will:
• Support continuous improvement work at the plants
• Support and guide managers and AMBS resources locally in their improvement work
• Contribute in developing the overall AMBS capability in the PM organization
• Contribute in PM’s organizational and leadership development programs
• Play an active role in PM’s international AMBS network
• Contribute to the development and execution of the AMBS Academy (learning platform for developing AMBS capabilities)
• Facilitate different AMBS events
• Manage and further develop the AMBS concept
We are looking for someone with demonstrated experience from similar continuous improvement work.
• Min. bachelor’s degree within technology, engineering, business administration and/or finance (several subjects are relevant)
• A solid track record of experience from continuous improvement work may compensate for lack of formal education
• Experience from leading and facilitation of continuous improvement work
• Digital skills, including experience with use of statistical tools
• Good English communication skills, both written and verbally
As a person, we believe you should have a strong “passion” for goal-oriented improvements, be a strong team player and communicate efficiently. As an agent for AMBS it is important that you possess a strong awareness of being a role model in all aspects of business performance. Having a structured and systematic work approach is a part of this role.
The position is based in Oslo; but might also be located at plant.
Please enclose all relevant transcripts with your application (academic records/diplomas, certificates etc.). Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background checks.
Apply before: 08/10/2020
If you have any questions, please contact:
Kurt Jan Nilsson
Phone: (Norway +47) 91583228
Phone:(Norway +47) 41617458
|Etter avtale||Fast ansettelse, Heltid|
Konsulent: Strategi / Ledelse
Sivilingeniør / Ingeniør
Prosjektleder (teknologi / ingeniør)
Øvrig - Informasjonsteknologi og informatikk
Øvrig - Teknologi, ingeniørfag og arkitektur Øvrig - Økonomi, marked og administrasjon Forretningsutvikler Prosjektleder(9) vis alle
|Informasjonsteknologi/Data Teknologi og ingeniørfag Økonomi, marked og administrasjon|
|Se annonsen||Bachelorgrad eller tilsvarende||Industri og produksjon|
Se stillingsteksten ovenfor for informasjon om hvordan du søker på stillingen. Om du ikke skulle finne denne informasjonen der, besøk firmaets hjemmeside.