PGS is a leading, international, geophysical company. Our business is technology providing a broad range of seismic and reservoir services, including acquisition, imaging, and interpretation. Technical innovation has always been core to PGS culture. PGS industry leadership expands from our high-end imaging tools to the Ramform vessels and the groundbreaking GeoStreamer sensors.
PGS is seeking dedicated and pioneering individuals to join our Technology Team at our Oslo offices to participate in the development and building of next generation of PGS system software and be involved in the detailed design and the day-to-day running of a software development team. This will include advising on and contributing to the development, delivery and support of software components.
If you have the ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate product and business requirements into technical solutions, possess a strong professional background in computer sciences and understand system design and software methodology, and believe that now is the time to join a winning Technology Team, this might be a great fit for you!
- Design and develop software written in C++.
- Optimize, analyze and debug C++ software.
- Understand how our applications operate, are structured, and how customers use them.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Provide programming support for existing system applications.
- Provide training sessions and workshops as part of the release of new developed products.
- Document the design of new products or major upgrades to existing products.
- Provide unscheduled programming support requested by the business unit.
- Demonstrate continuous development of programming skills in order to add intellectual value and options for the organization and the individual.
- A MSc or equivalent relevant higher education within the discipline of computer science, systems engineering or equivalent.
- A strong professional background in computer sciences and deep understanding of system design and software methodology.
- Main programming language C++.
- Debugging and strong analytical skills.
- Understanding and competence of MPI and OpenMP.
- Optimization of numerical algorithms.
- Experience with numerical methods.
- Proven experience with Agile development processes.
- The ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate product and business requirements into technical solutions.
- The ability to complete assigned work and products on time and with good quality.
- To be legally authorized to work in Norway.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is preferred, but candidates with less experience will be considered.
- You have a strong advantage if you have GPU or networking experience.
NOTE: You must be legally authorized to work in Norway to apply for this position.
Why work at PGS
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- Insurances including private medical, Life and Disability
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Relocation Assistance
- 25 Days? Annual Leave
- 35 hour working week with flexible working hours
- Free on-site Parking and Shuttle Bus
- On-site Restaurant, Gym, Fitness Classes and Social Games areas
- Regular Social Events and other activities
Hiring Manager Contact
Logg inn for å se kontaktinformasjon