Jus og rettigheter Lønn og frynsegoder På jobben Rekruttering og HR Praksis / internships Karrierebarometeret
The Institute of Marine Research (IMR) in Norway has a vacancy for a permanent research position on machine learning methods. The position is attached to the research group Ecosystem Acoustics and will be part of a team working on methods for analyzing large data sets using modern techniques from machine learning and artificial intelligence. IMR is rapidly extending its data collection capacities with autonomous underwater and surface vessels and new imaging technologies and acoustic platforms. Efficient use of the growing data stream is increasingly important to the IMR primary missions of developing our understanding of the marine environment and producing the highest quality resource management advice. In addition to analysis of acoustics data, the candidate will work on large-scale data from many fields and in close collaboration with other research groups and external partners. An important challenge is to develop unsupervised or semi-supervised methods for cases where the training data is limited or has variable quality. The workplace will be at IMR in Bergen, Norway.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
1. PhD in a relevant field, e.g. informatics, physics, applied mathematics, or statistics.
2. Knowledge and practical experience in machine learning, and familiarity with relevant software frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch, Theano).
3. Strong data science and programming skills,
4. Strong quantitative skills.
5. Excellent skills in English, both written and oral.
In addition, the following qualifications are desired and will be given weight:
6. Demonstrated ability to work independently as a researcher.
7. A strong publication track record with independent publications.
8. Experience of working with large data sets.
9. Proficiency in Python, R, and/or MatLab.
10. Experience with unsupervised and semi-supervised machine learning methods.
11. Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and to work independently towards objectives.
12. Ability to work efficiently, be goal-oriented and perform and report project activities on schedule.
13. Experience in working with image data analysis.
14. Experience in working with acoustic data analysis.
15. Knowledge in marine ecosystems, ecology, oceanography, or related sciences
16. The working language at IMR is Norwegian. A working knowledge of the Norwegian language will be advantageous, and language training will be offered if necessary.
17. Ability to get security clearance is positive.
The position as 1109/1110 scientist is paid in accordance with the civil service pay scale.
The Institute of Marine Research value diversity. Therefore, we welcome all qualified candidates to apply for the position, regardless of age, gender, functional ability, nationality or ethnical background. We are an Inclusive Working Life Enterprise, and we aim to facilitate for applicants with disabilities.
Upon receiving applications from candidates with reduced abilities, gaps in CV or immigrant background, we will invite at least one qualified candidate from each category to an interview. In order to be considered for affirmative action, certain requirements should be met. Please read more
If you wish to be considered for affirmative action, please specify when submitting your application.
For more information, please visit our , or contact Ketil Malde (email , or phone Logg inn for å se kontaktinformasjon), Nils Olav Handegard (email , or phone Logg inn for å se kontaktinformasjon) or Rolf Korneliussen (email or mobile + Logg inn for å se kontaktinformasjon 88).
Applications should be submitted electronically via the link on this page and should be accompanied by a cover letter summarizing relevant skills (in response to the qualifications listed in the position description) and your reasons for applying for the position, a complete CV, publication list, copies of maximum 5 peer reviewed publications, three references and transcripts of academic degrees.
Application deadline 2021.04.26 - April 26
Here you can get insight into the work of IMR during the past 120 years.
|Etter avtale||Fast ansettelse, Heltid|
|Bergen||Ikke oppgitt||Ikke oppgitt|
|Se annonsen||Se annonsen||Ikke oppgitt|
Se stillingsteksten ovenfor for informasjon om hvordan du søker på stillingen. Om du ikke skulle finne denne informasjonen der, besøk firmaets hjemmeside.