In Lysaker, near Oslo, you find Cisco Webex Devices R&D Center. We make the best video conference systems in the world – whether you’re at your desk, in the meeting room or in the Boardroom.
We make both hardware and software and develop all parts of Webex Devices under the same roof - from idea to design, mechanics, industrial design, user experience, machine learning and artificial intelligence. By making both hardware and software ourselves, we're in an amazing position to be creative and innovate with our products. We simply create whatever we need.
Our products help people connect and collaborate all over the world. They are used by freelancers, small businesses, universities, governments, multinational corporations, powerful political leaders – and even by Queen Elizabeth II.
We are looking for a new C++/Qt GUI Software Engineer to join our development team. Our team develops the next generation collaboration technology and cloud services.
What you will do:
As a part of our cross-functional team, you will build applications that make technology accessible to people on a variety of devices. You will be involved in every stage of the product development process – from ideation, all the way to the user interface and the deployment of software to our cloud platform. Our job is to imagine, design, and create solutions to transform how we work, live, learn and play.
In this role, you will:
- work closely with visual designers, and interaction designers, to find the optimal experience for users of webex devices
- get to work on fast, cutting edge, embedded hardware, with high resolution, low latency touch enabled displays ranging from 6" to 85", powerful GPUs, and a wide range of sensors
- be part of iterative development and release cycles
- deploy your code, and get immediate feedback on usage and adoption from actual customers
- expand your skillset by being a key part of a high performing cross-functional team – working closely with other developers, testers, designers and product management
- use state of the art hardware, technology, methods and tools, while learning from your talented colleagues
We use different programming languages for different use cases. Most of the work uses C/C++, and Python, and runs on Linux. We strive to be up to date with the very latest versions that are available. Some of our developers also contribute to the development of the C++ language, the Qt libraries, and more.
Who you are:
More important than your experience, is your mindset and your approach. We encourage smart risks and think it is better to try and fail than to not try at all. At Cisco, you will be challenged and develop while having fun.
As a part of our Development team, you will be working closely with colleagues from different disciplines to solve complex problems. Our dream team member draws inspiration from close cooperation within the team as well as from working independently.
In addition, do you have:
- relevant experience from front-end software development?
- an eye for visual details, and useful animations and transitions
- a sharp and curious mind with an aptitude for learning new technologies?
- experience with multiple programming languages?
- creative problem-solving skills and excellent troubleshooting skills?
- verbal and written skills in English?
If this sounds like you, we are eager to hear from you!
At Cisco Webex Devices R&D Center you can have your cake and eat it too. You will get the creative vigor of a medium-sized company with close colleagues and proximity to the decision-makers. At the same time, you will have access to the resources of one the largest technology companies in the world.
We believe that happy people can make anything happen. That´s probably why we were ranked #1 World´s Best Workplace in both 2019 and 2020. We have a culture of recognition and believe that flexibility in the workplace is the key to a good work-life balance.
In addition to a competitive salary, insurance, and other benefits, we offer:
- a unique opportunity to work from home – using the technology you develop
- a Cisco Fun group – dedicated to creating great memories
- a Cisco Play group – that organizes yoga and weekly bootcamps
- an in-house fitness center – to strengthen your body and relieve your stress
- six weeks holiday – to make sure you´re well rested
- five (paid) days for volunteer work – to make the world a better place
- a day off on your birthday – because you deserve it
and of course, free ice cream on warm summer days!