Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution -- we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done -- that’s why we need you to join us.
Nordic Software Development is a specialist software development team in Statkraft that delivers class leading software for all business areas in Statkraft. Some examples are:
- Delivering customized solutions to the Energy management process that optimizes the sales of our renewable power on the spot and reserve markets
- Working with the construction and maintenance teams that build and operate our power plants on using machine learning to optimize maintenance
- Work with our many analysis teams to help develop their tooling and automating time consuming manual processes
- Developing our high-performance computing platform where we run all the computationally heavy models and the tooling around that platform.
On a technical level we deliver a wide range of solutions ranging from web applications to advanced analytics tools.
Custom software development is essential for Statkraft to remain a market leader in renewable energy production and we are now looking for great people to join our software development team. If you enjoy challenging yourself and working in a competitive industry where technology is evolving the business we operate in, then we would love to talk to you. If you are motivated by working for a company that is a key part of the solution for creating an environmentally sustainable society then Statkraftis the company for you.
As part of the DevOps enablement team you will be working across all the development teams in Statkrafthelping them deliver solution efficiently. You will work on a wide range of tasks from establishing best practices, setting up CI/CD templates and build containers, evaluate and implement new tooling, improve security and efficiency, simplify the workflow for moving code into production and automation of common development and operation tasks.
Work with developers to establish robust CI/CD pipelines in Gitlab and Azure DevOps
Maintain and improve the software development infrastructure based on Gitlab, Azure DevOps, Jira, Octopus Deploy
Help establish Azure Kubernetes Services as a deployment platform within Statkraft
Work on improving monitoring and visibility into our applications using tools like Splunk and Azure Monitor
Work with the security team to implement automated tooling for security scanning
5+ years experience in software development, operations or a mix
At least 3 years of development experience in C# or Python
Experience with setting up CI pipelines, preferably in Gitlab but that is not a requirement
At least 1 years experience with working on containers for deployment
Be eager to learn about new trends and technologies
Good social and communication skills
Fluent in English and preferably Norwegian
Pro-active team player who feels responsible and enjoys challenging themselves
Other useful skills:
Experience With Kubernetes
Experience with DevSecOps
Experience in Ops
What we offer
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave and work life balance principles
- Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance
- Relocation support if needed
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.
We evaluate applications for this role on a rolling basis, so please apply with your CV through our career pages as soon as possible.