Corporate Communications and Marketing (CCM) is responsible for strengthening the overall position and reputation of Statkraft in Norway and internationally, both internally and externally. The Leadership and Internal Communication team is responsible for coordinating complete communication services to all Business Areas in Statkraft (external and internal), as well as functional global responsibility for leadership and internal communication.
We are looking for a senior communications professional to head up all external and internal communications deliverables to our biggest Business Area, Nordics. Business Area Nordics develops, owns, and operates Statkraft’s hydro, wind, and solar assets in Norway and Sweden. Nordics also has global responsibility for offshore wind and is the center of expertise for operations and maintenance for Statkraft globally.
You will be responsible for delivering communication strategies and plans to help deliver on Nordics’ objectives. This includes working closely together with Nordics’ management and being their trusted advisor across a range of communication fields.
As Communications Manager, Business Area Nordics, you will:
- Be responsible for ensuring delivery of all communications services to Business Area Nordics
- Act as single point of contact to the Nordics’ management team and the Executive Vice President
- Coordinate and lead deliveries from a team of communication professionals across functions (internal, external, content etc.)
- Participate in Nordics’ management team meetings and other key meetings and arenas to secure business alignment and understanding
- Develop and execute communication strategies and plans, messaging, and content development internally (workplace, townhalls, offsites, leadership gatherings, etc.) and coordinate external communication and content production (presentations, speeches, media interviews, SoMe, meetings etc.)
- Have a dedicated responsibility for the practical day-to-day delivery of internal communications
- Be an integrated part of the Leadership and Internal Communication team/function (8 people), and the broader Corporate Communication and Marketing department consisting of approximately 30 communications professionals
The role reports to Vice President Leadership and Internal Communication in Oslo.
The ideal candidate can work strategically and operationally, is highly organized and able to perform in a fast-paced and demanding environment. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior communications professional who enjoys leading teams and working holistically with communications. We believe you are/have:
- A 360 degrees communications professional
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience with a degree in business, communication, or related field. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of relevant education
- Experience in developing and implementing communication strategies and plans
- Good understanding of the (renewable) energy industry and business
- Strategic mindset with strong operational and execution capabilities
- Strong people skills and the ability to build strong trust-based relationships and support for senior management
- Great project management skills and high attention to details
- Excellent communications skills, both verbally and written in Norwegian and English
What we offer
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, and work-life balance principles
- Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not change
**Location:**The position will be located at the main office at Lysaker, Oslo, Norway
Application deadline: 16th of April 2023
Contact: For questions about the role, please contact Julie Diez Bryn, VP Leadership and Internal Communications, phone: Logg inn for å se kontaktinformasjon
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorization .