Key tasks will include:
- Quality and HSE focused Quality Surveillance (QS) related to the Fabrication, Yard Integration, Mechanical Completion (MC), Commissioning and Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) scope of the Subcontracts, on behalf of the Contract/PO responsible Delivery Team within NOV
- Perform and coordinate Mechanical Completion of systems at integration/installation sites
- On-site liaison with Subcontractor, Client and 3rd Party/Classification Society Representatives
- Development of project specific Fabrication. Yard Integration, Completion and Commissioning documents (Procedures, Site Visit/QS Reports etc.), in close cooperation with other Delivery Teams
- Travelling to fulfill above scope at Construction/Conversion/Integration yards worldwide
- Preparation of technical specifications, procedures and verification of supplier documentation
The Engineer will have close cooperation with other departments and disciplines both internally and externally.Job Skills:
We are looking for positive and committed candidates with good technical skills within the field of Structural, Piping and Mechanical Fabrication. A Master Degree is an advantage, but candidates with sufficient experience from Fabrication QS, Yard Integration & Commissioning and/or supervision will also be considered. Technical/practical background and experience from fabrication and assembly of offshore steel structures is appreciated. The candidate must have good knowledge in Fabrication Follow-up, Yard Integration, Completion and Commissioning. It will also be an advantage to have some basic knowledge within structural materials, welding, dimensional survey, weld inspections, non-destructive examinations and surface protection. Some basic knowledge within E & I will also be an advantage.
The candidate needs to be structured, independent and goal oriented with an ability to support our interfacing teams in performing at their very best. Good communication skills (written and oral); English is our business language. The person will work closely with others in projects and must have good interpersonal skills. Periodically extensive travelling for following up on yards/vendors/suppliers will be required for this position.National Oilwell Varco can offer:
Interesting and demanding assignments in an international environment with excellent opportunities for professional development. The company enjoys an informal working atmosphere, characterized by openness and personal responsibility.