Alere believes that when diagnosing and monitoring health conditions, Knowing now matters. Alere delivers on this vision by providing reliable and actionable information through rapid diagnostic tests, enhancing clinical and economic health outcomes globally. Headquartered in Waltham, Mass., Alere focuses on rapid diagnostics for infectious disease, cardio-metabolic disease and toxicology. For more information on Alere, please visit www.alere.com.
Global Procurement is responsible for the development and execution of sourcing strategies within a business entity or across the enterprise to achieve best total value. This position provides support for the European region to the Global Category Manager (GCM) for the Finished Goods category. The Regional Category Manager (RCM) works with the GCM to support the development of category management strategies that will achieve significant cost reductions and improve product quality and vendor service levels. The RCM works closely with key regional Business and Operations stakeholders to develop effective category strategies and implementation plans. This position supports a regional spend of approximately USD $55M annually and over 200 suppliers. Internal stakeholders are principally located in Norway, Sweden, and Ireland and the position can be based in either Oslo, Norway or Galway, Ireland.
Responsibilities and Duties
Understand category spend across the region, analyze category markets and translate into actionable strategies and forward-looking analysis.
Develops category expertise, maintains market intelligence and stays abreast of the changing supply base and new technologies.
Lead efforts that drive cost optimization, improved quality and service and enhanced innovation through strategic sourcing, supplier relationship and risk management.
Collaborates with key regional stakeholders to ensure engagement, buy-in and ownership of global sourcing strategies.
Working with the GCM for Finished Goods, supports the development of supplier management strategies that enhance innovation and quality, reduce costs and improve supply chain efficiencies.
Partner with the GCM for Finished Goods in supplier selection and negotiations through RFP process.
Leads and develops risk management strategies to increase awareness and ensure implementation of appropriate risk mitigation plans.
Drives and delivers cost savings opportunities and/or projects aligned with organization commitments.
Supports mergers, divestitures, and integration activities for the company as it relates to the European Finished Goods supply base. Requirements
Preferred experiential background
- 5-10 years of procurement experience with 3+ years strategic sourcing experience preferred.
- Bachelor¿s degree in business or supply chain management preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing sourcing strategies that have yielded measurable business results.
- Experience working in multicultural virtual teams in a global and complex environment.
- Strategic Thinking and Thought Leadership: Ability to see ahead and thinks in terms of possibilities; creates a clear vision and strategy, thinks broadly and understands interdependencies
- People Leadership and Team Building: Ability to inspire and motivate others; engenders support and trust from all levels of the organization
- Influencing Skills and Lateral Leadership: Ability to build relationships and credibility across the organization; demonstrates managerial courage; strong negotiation skills resulting in win/win
- Executional Excellence: Ability to get things done and multi-task; acts with a sense of urgency; willingly takes on tactical roles to achieve objectives; able to prioritize; excellent decision making/judgment skills
- Sourcing and Procurement Proficiency: Strategic sourcing expertise and understands sourcing methodologies and tools; understands external market fundamentals, utilizes appropriate e-sourcing tools, generates and analyze innovative sourcing options that enable value, business and financial acumen, analytical skills, ethical responsibility
Medisinsk utstyr og rekvisita,Transport og logistikk,AnnetTiltredelse:
Adresse: 0411 OSLO