About the program
With our international trainee program, we offer young university graduates a comprehensive introduction to DB Schenker and a flawless career start.
Within the 18 months-program, our trainees get an insight in one specific business field for example Air and Ocean Freight, Land Transport, Sales, Contract Logistics/SCM, Finance, IT or HR by simultaneously exploring our modern and international company culture. By being a real member of their individual department, our trainees will gain professional working experience and deep expert knowledge. Thereby our trainees will stay in close contact with their own individual DB Schenker internal senior mentor.
The overall program schedule
During the program the trainees will be deployed in our Head Office in Essen but will conduct one deployment (3-6 months) in one of our worldwide country organizations to gain international expertise and intercultural competencies. By this, they also get an overview of our complex business and establish their own network throughout the company. In addition to that, our trainee group will be accompanied by a professional trainer throughout the entire program in form of regular one-week trainings and individual coaching sessions.
Whom are we looking for
For our International Trainee Program we look for motivated and dedicated graduates who wish to kick start their career together with us. We take a close look at your qualifications, work experience, and personality to determine if you would be a good fit for our program. Our prerequisites include:
• Good to very good university degree in the specific business field (for example IT, Finance/Controlling, Logistics)
• Initial work experience through internships preferably in the Logistics industry
• Advanced English skills and basic German; other languages beneficial
• Good interpersonal and intercultural skills
• Independent, entrepreneurial mindset
• Advanced analytical and conceptional thinking skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Good communication skills